This web site complies with the voluntary privacy principles contained in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, (“ECT Act”).
By displaying our policy, Travel with Flair (PTY) Limited (herein referred to as TWF), has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the website.
- Where the information is being collected.
- How the information is being used and whom we share it with.
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under TWF’s control.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information you originally gave TWF.
If you feel that TWF is not abiding by its posted policy, you should first contact:
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
3. How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website.
We may request information about you when you book a travel package or make enquires about packages or other products and services; or when you request other information.
4. What personal information do we collect?
To gain the full advantage of TWF’s services a user must register / login for the Management Information. The TWF profile form will require you to give us certain information. In addition, the personal information that we require is needed to facilitate your travel reservation arrangements and bookings.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
Where personal information (such as the user’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) is submitted to the web site by the user (e.g. through sending an e-mail) the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- This web site collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- This web site will not use the personal information submitted for any purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
- This web site will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
- This web site will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the web site is required or permitted to do so by law.
- If information is released with the user’s consent this web site will retain a record of the information released, the third party to whom it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
- This web site will destroy or delete any personal information which has become obsolete.
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this web site may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
The more information we have about you the better we are able to provide you with the best possible service.
5. How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with course and programme related products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Submit to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes.
- Regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or to involve you in market research; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
- Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
6. Trans-border data flows
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant overseas third party service providers.
Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers – email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Security of information
TWF has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All information gathered is restricted to our offices.
Only employees who need information to perform certain tasks such as billing and resolving disputes have access to that specific information.
TWF regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible. Our servers are hosted within a protected environment with access control and are password protected. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, TWF cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of TWF or any third party.
Access and correction of personal information Under the Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a Personal Data Access Request in writing to email@example.com
8. Access and correction of personal information
Under the Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a
Personal Data Request Access Request in writing to:
Private Bag 11291
Requests by telephone, fax, or e-mail cannot be accepted.
In accordance with the Act, TWF is not obliged to comply with your request unless the prescribed fee is paid, and sufficient security information is provided to establish the requestor’s identity, and locate the appropriate information.
Please enclose the following with your request:
- A postal order or cheque (made payable to Travel with Flair (PTY) Limited for R10
- A photocopy of your passport, identity document, or any other official document upon which your signature is present
- Details of any purchases you have made from TWF.
- Details of any specific documents you require that contain your personal details (if known). You will receive acknowledgement of your request quoting the date by which you will receive your information pack.
Further correspondence regarding your request should only be made in writing to the Operations Manager at the above address.
We may recover from you any additional reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly advise us via and insert the following into the Subject Line: Unsubcribe
All our members will receive a welcoming email to verify their email. From time to time TWF will send promotional emails regarding special offers as well as updates to the site; you the member have the choice of opting out of this service.
TWF is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites linked to www.travelwithflair.co.za. Please make sure that you read the privacy policies of sites that are linked to www.travelwithflair.co.za. The TWF policy applies solely to information collected by this web site.
11. Changes to our policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
12. Changing personal information
If a user no longer wishes to be a member, he/she has the option of cancelling his membership with us. This information will be deleted from our files and no more correspondence between TWF and the member will be entered into. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. What about children
Usage of TWF services is only for people over the age of 18.
14. Personal Security
Remember keep your password in a safe place.
15. Personal Security
- TWF will not sell or share any of the information collected on this site.
- TWF is the sole owner of all this collected information.